The Association for Homeschooling received a request for help from Wendy Young from Footprints On Our Land for maths curriculums for Gr 1 and Gr 3. The parents were unemployed for some time and have had to sell up and move back in with their own parents. The Association maintains a mailing list of educational suppliers and distributed this request on this mailing list.
- Bronwyn Drake from Suricate Publishing offered a Gr. 1 maths curriculum.
- Jade Educational Trading provided Singapore Maths from Gr. 1 to Gr. 3.
- CL Education provided a maths program for Gr. 1 and Gr. 3.
- Carol from 3pLearning offered a discounted rate to the online Mathletics facility.
- Marc Ries from Love2Learn offered a Gr. 3 maths curriculum.
- Louise Wells from Mom’s Maths Manual offered a Gr. 3 maths curriculum.
- Russell Pengelly from Computers 4 Kids offered a copy of their integrated ICT curriculum (incl. all subjects).
Unfortunately the family could not accept everything that was offered. The Association would like to thank all those suppliers that offered help. We would also like to share the feedback that we have received from Wendy Young.
“A family with 3 young children - a baby and two boys Gr 1 and 3 - contact Shirley and I through our website looking for a way to educate their children at home due to their inability to send their children to their local school. Both parents are unemployed and have sold up everything and moved back into their parent home with their children. Every school in their area was not able to help them.
Footprints On Our Land felt that this was an opportunity to reach out to those less fortunate and blessed them with a full curriculum for 7 – 12 yrs of age. Shirley also supplied them with the necessary Afrikaans books and Wendy with some practical homeschool planners and books.
We then extended opportunity of blessing to other curriculum providers and Jade Education has supplied Maths programs for both boys and CL Education an additional maths program for the older child.
The Bible says: “You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. 15 Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. 16 In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven." (Matthew 5: 14-16)
And we pray that our sharing from our bounty will bring much blessing to this family and other.”