Martie du Plessis from Dynamis, an educational consultant, home education specialist and remedial therapist, brings hope nationwide to parents and teachers to reassure them in their crucial role as educators.
Dynamis serves by empowering families to educate their children effectively even though there is a crisis in education in the nation. Dynamis brings hope to desperate families by involving them as the main educators of their children.
Dynamis focusses on 21st Century realities in the marketplace, and guides parents to equip their children to be job creators and not job seekers.
Dynamis sees the future of South Africa being transformed by families being life givers in the nation.
Martie du Plessis of Dynamis does seminars nationwide, focussing on the following topics:
- The true value of a value- based education
- How to raise thinkers and develop character
- How do you act in the interest of the children you are responsible for?
- How to celebrate your children & not just tolerate them
- The role of the family as life givers in education
- How children learn best & the effect on learning and special needs
- Discipline & the training of the heart
- Effective parenting in a highly technical era
- How to be sure that your children will have a job
- Socialisation & support groups & legal aspects
- Matriculation (Education & Certification)
- How to choose curriculum?
The choice of a curriculum for your child/family can be determined through a personal consultation, during which time the learning styles of each family member is analysed.
Learning style evaluations determine how parents and children learn and leads to the suggestion or design of an appropriate curriculum.
- Dynamis offers such personal consultations with families to determine what approach and curricula will work best for your child and your family. Consultations are done in person or Skype consultations.
- Before personal consultations can take place, it is essential that parents attend a Dynamis seminar in order to obtain clarity and understanding of learning styles and have made the SHIFT about the true nature of home education.
- Alternatively, parents can purchase the DVD sets, Home Education, "Vision For The Family" or "Principles for an Unsinkable Education" in lieu of attending a seminar.
- During the consultation, learning style evaluations determine how parents and children learn and leads to the suggestion or design of an appropriate curriculum.
- Martie has a fast knowledge of various curricula and methods of equipping a young adult.
Due to the high demand in the country, Martie du Plessis has trained and mentored other families to grasp the calling to be of assistance and encouragement to others in home educating their children.
(B) : 15 June: Koa Aademy: Open day
This is ...
(A) : 15 June: Chess with Koa: Online
Legal & Research
Research on Home Education
Research on home education consistently proves that home learners+ View
Homeschooling and the law
Home schooling was recognized in 1996 in the SA Schools Act.+ View
History of homeschooling in SA
History of home education in South Africa (Wikipedia article)+ View
Learning centre overview
Homeschool, micro-school, learning centre, unregistered private+ View
Start a Learning Centre
Important considerations when starting a learning centre+ View
Find a learning centre
There are various ways to find learning centres. Since there is+ View
Popular homeschooling approaches and styles ...
How to choose a curriculum for your family ...
Homeschool Family blogs
Blogs by homeschooling families that share their experiences and ...
Forums where parents and learners discuss issues with each other and ...
Homeschoolers make use of a variety of formal and informal ...