During this lockdown, parents should utilize a multitude of free educational resources available on the internet, so that children are not bored, but will continue to learn, with the freedom to explore their own interests. Below is a list of such reources.
B. Online resources:
- Curiosity Stream
- Beast Academy (Math)
- Khan Academy
- Creative Bug
- Discovery Education
C. YouTube Channels:
- Crash Course Kids
- Science Channel
- SciShow Kids
- National Geographic Kids
- Free School
- Geography Focus
- Kids Learning Tube
- Geeek Gurl Diaries
- Mike Likes Science
- Science Max
- Lots of board games, library books (and Kindle), tinkering/upcycling with household junk, etc.
D. Some resources to help with kids at home:
- Scholastic has created a free learn-from-home site with 20+ days of learning and activities.
- Pretend to travel the world..Go on a virtual tour of these 12 famous museums.
- This is the awesome free curriculum that we use. Everything from preschool activities to 12th grade is here!
- List of thinking games by grade
E. More awesome free learning websites that we like to use:
F. The above sites are provided free until the end of May for people isolated at home due to Coronavirus.
- Free audio books from amazon in 6 languages
- Free virtual Visits to 17 European museums
- 700 Free books from Cambridge press
- Free broadway shows
G. Free South African resources