Books, Language & Arts
Improve English with these fun, easy-to-use books!
When there is an area of English that is difficult to understand and that learners struggle with, it is wonderful to have a helping hand to make things easier. The Language Gaps series offers just that kind of help!
The five Language Gaps books cover some of the core skills that Intermediate Phase learners need as the building blocks of their language journey in English Home Language or English First Additional Language:
- Language Gaps – Concord, grammar and tenses
- Language Gaps – Reading with comprehension
- Language Gaps – Working with words
- Language Gaps – Literature
- Language Gaps – Writing
Language teaching in the classroom happens in an integrated way. The Language Gaps books were developed to give learners the chance to practice one skill at a time, to help them to overcome problem areas so that these don’t continue into later years.
Each Language Gaps book covers Grades 4, 5 and 6 and works through all the basics that learners will need.
More about the series’ features:
- Written and reviewed by Intermediate Phase experts
- CAPS compliant
- Addresses specific gaps in focussed sections
- Notes and examples at the beginning of each section that guide the learner, parent or tutor through the specific skill
- Lots of practice activities under each section
- Activities levelled by degree of difficulty using a different icon for each grade
- Activities can be used for formative and summative assessments in the classroom
- Answers on all answerable questions at the back of the book
- Helps learners to make connotations between English and Afrikaans concepts e.g. Noun (Selfstandige naamwoord)
- Space for learners to answer questions
Follow this link to view the Language Gaps brochure: https://bit.ly/3lvRND5
|Language Gaps – Reading with comprehension||9781431059782|
|Language Gaps – Concord, grammar and tenses||9781431059768|
|Language Gaps – Literature||9781431059799|
|Language Gaps – Working with words||9781431059775|
|Language Gaps – Writing||9781431059805|
|Language Gaps Pack (all 5 titles)||9781431060856|
Contact us on:
Tel: 011 731 3300
Fax: 011 731 3500